Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

World, please end.



Dear God, if you’re listening to me, which you never do, please end the world. Yes, I had big plans of getting married to a rich bastard and spending the rest of my life in Switzerland writing my own book but there’s a slight change in the plan. I don’t really wanna live. If you have access to recent mishaps on earth, you’d know what I’m talking about.  I see everybody pointing fingers at everybody. I was indifferent to the news of yet another gang rape in Delhi, you know it’s a usual affair, apparently in our country a woman is raped every 20 minutes as per the statistics, surprising? No.  But when I got to know that Damini is battling for life, a streak of pain ran down my spine. I cannot begin to imagine the trauma the losers casted upon her. God, we are just dumb fucks ready to eat each other alive for the heck of it. I aint angry as I write this because something inside me is already long dead, every other mishap just validates the fact that we’ve failed humanity a long time ago,  our present is fogged and we’re moving towards the endless nights. Do you see the future of this race? I don’t.  I just see angry status messages on facebook and people claiming their blood boils on twitter and how rapists must be punished and law and order must be amended. But I don’t know how people will stop objectifying women, donno when will they start respecting women and their individuality. I’m told not to wear clothes that’ll encourage men to rape me, I’m told to not work after 8 pm, I’m told not to go out after 5 pm, they don’t tell men, not to rape. Is there any other solution?  It’s a funny society, aint it? I don’t know why you’re so lazy god, why can’t you reset it all and start all over again? Or else put some sense into them? What are you waiting for? If you think a miracle will happen and they’d wake up one day with enlightenment dawned upon them, you’ve gotto be kidding me.

Honestly, I’m shit scared. I’m a woman, for the records. I have seen men striping me naked with their eyes, I have been eve-teased, I have encountered men passing obscene comments on the streets, I know how it feels. The anger in the eyes of the people will eventually fade like every other thing and will be replaced by the next big thing in news. It’s all farce, and will soon be forgotten.

Are you sure you programmed us to be human beings and not wild animals? You’re not that efficient, are you? People over sell you and worship you like a god, lucky stars you have, dude.

God, you are a figment of imagination of a lot of people who like to fool themselves thinking that things will get better and talk about hope, why are you playing with them? Please tell them you don’t give a fuck.

Anyway, please let Damini live and recover her soon, if you’re remotely as awesome as much as you’re hyped, do this for humanity, recover her from the physical and the emotional wounds, tell her that it’s the ugliest place to be but good things do happen, tell her she has an entire life ahead of her and must move on with a brave heart and strong head. Tell her to be the torch bearer for all the women who’ve been raped or molested or fell prey to these diabolic shitheads and still carry that scar in their memories. Tell her that this too shall pass. 

I wish her a speedy recovery.

No comments: