Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Bangalore 2.1

Ssup minions?

I'm updating the blog after eternity now. I dont know why. All these months I've been trying to befriend this city, Bangalore and yet, I'm still a stranger, I still sometimes dont have a clue where I am or where I have to go. I know the ways, the routes, I know whats sold where, I know who lives where, I can now pronounce the names of the places here, just fine, funny but fine. I think I'm just okay now, not sad, not homesick, not depressed, I think Im ok, I can live with this city. But what is that one thing thats missing? What is that thing that still makes me feel like a stranger here? It's not home. Home is always Delhi. The city I grew up in, the city that has helped and abetted, becoming who I am today. Yes, the rape capital of India. To me, its just not home, its my entire life, the way I think, the way I look at things, I’m a reflection of where I was born and nurtured. I still hate Delhi for the people who reside there, the madness, the rush, the non existant civic sense,anyway, you know a funny thing? When I’m home, I wanna run away as far as I can and when I’m not, I just wanna go back, its like an atom trying to complete its octet, trying to gain its stability, you know what I mean? No? Ok. But this isn’t what I wanted to talk about, I wanted to talk about why, why on earth, have I not updated my blog, not that I have a huge readership or anything. So, here it is, all these days, kind gentlemen of the jury, all these days, I was busy cooking stories, trying to figure out plots, blowing sense into characters, but all in vain, I could not, for the life of me, finish any of those stories, none of them, absolutely none. I won’t give up of course but now I know what I need to work on, so not a really bad deal, is it? Ssup with you guys? Long time. 

1 comment:

Michael said...

I made it to the news for all the wrong reasons, just saying :-J

As for missing Delhi, can take the (wo)man out of the city not the city of the man etc? Or maybe its the language, what was it that Cicero said, our common language is the mother of us all or words to that effect eh

Ta