Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

We could use some life. No?

So, like most of of the minions, I have a job, I do stuff that I'm told to do that most often than not, makes no sense to me, adds no value to my existence, doesn't even justify anything, its probably discarded off at the end of the day, yet I do it, in return of money.No honor, no pride, ghanta skill, for money.Simple. The usual format everywhere, I reckon. I fail to understand though, how 7 billion people of the entire world, are completely okay with it. Do you not want to scream the life outta you? 10 hours a day in a cubicle. How is it okay with you? I bow to thee. Immense respect. I, however, cannot, just cannot sit in an office and be told to do something that I dont give a shit about. I'd rather watch Deepak Tijori's movies or talk about how my life changes at the prospect of having a north indian-south indian debate with you, or how much I care about what Arvind Kejriwal is up to or what an incredible asset Gandhi has been to India or Tusshar Kapoor's prolific acting in no movie at all. You get the point. Peanuts. I donno about you, but I get peanuts in return of selling my soul, squeezing the life out of me, and that is made to sound like a fair deal. Did you ever notice? I'm sure you'd have.  I graduated with a farce idea of independence, of freedom and here I am, fettered by money. I kill my soul to earn money, money to be happy. See the circular logic? I see it in my dreams. And whoever said, slavery is abolished must be really wasted. I slave my way into life every single god damned day. I could pull it off by being drunk all the time, but I'm getting old and I have a social responsibility of talking big and doing nothing and pal, that ain't happening being drunk. So next time, you get a life, even for like a millionth of a second, invite me. Please?

2 comments:

The Purple Assassin. said...

You know, the few seconds before my mother told me to quit the thoughts of engineering and pursue law, she said 'contribute to what you've been blessed with', till my admission here got confirmed made me question every thought I had ever had, at least I thought so.

Now, I feel a sense of purpose, I've decided to take international environmental law, and fight against those MNCs which are polluting.
Lets see how well that works out, but as of now, it keeps me going.

As for you, I remember, Gandhi said- everything you do in your life, would be insignificant, but, its very important that you do it.
Sometimes, we can't see the little changes we're making to this huge world. But, we're a part of this transition. Makes me glad, hope it helps you too!

Jai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.