Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Bollywood thingy

Last weekend I risked my life again when I decided to watch another bollywood movie after Shaitaan.Long back after watching Rab ne bana di jodi, I had lost hopes in humanity and wanted to die.True story.Watched Zindagi dobaara na milegi something,I don't like the name, too long and complex sentence structure , the movie wasn't bad though.Was good in parts and boring. The scenes move at Ekta Kapoor's daily soaps' pace or  probably slower. You can go home,cook sambar rice and come back only to find the scene is still on.Seriously.But, well F*** that, it's okay.I don't understand what makes people laugh so much? I mean, the masses were laughing their asses off at I don't know what.If at all, the dialogues were funny, they can at most make you smile, but screw that.The most awesomest thing on earth happened, the shayari/kavitas of Javed Akhtar.I am so in love.It balanced out everything.It left me in awe. That's a trick you know, there's a threshold above which the viewers switch to emotion high, after that give them any shit, any non-sense, they'd accept that with open arms, give them a Ram Gopal Verma ki movie, and they'd call it beautiful.They seldom analyse,that's the best trick in the business.No, really.I appretiate the intelligent direction. When you make a business, you must know your audiences' weaknesses, I mean , Taare zameen par left people over-whelmed and in tears and what not , I liked the research and the content and I could feel the extra drama they'd  desperately put in to make the masses cry and make them cross the threshold. And it so magically worked. But well, who cares. Jo beet gayi so baat gayi. Btw, andaaz apna apna, Shivaji-the boss, Doodh ka karz , Taikhana , many many many nameless movies that I've seen are class apart. If you haven't watched 'em, dear readers, you haven't lived your life. More on these, later !
p.s. Go watch zindagi milegi etc and call it awesome.

6 comments:

Blah Blah said...

haha.. taare zameen par worked because of the overbite the kid had:D

Michael said...

I loved Dil Se, seem to be the only one who did..and then Lakshya was nicish too.

nikita said...

@ Blah Blah, Oh yeah :D
@ Michael, I get bored too early.. Lakshya was good in bits :|

Michael said...

My absolute fave is Savior, again not too popular, Seven Samurai is awesome too.

nikita said...

Never heard these names :( :0

Michael said...

Not many knw of Savior, its a hard movie to watch, but Seven Samurai is considered one of the all time greats!