Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Ask a lover what's in a name

I say your name and my entire body starts functioning differently. Breaths too many too fast. Lips parched. Heart beats stop and come back a million times. The color of the sky changes. The sun tears the night sky apart and is forced to rise. Oh, you are oceanic waves' colossal energy slapping me every minute of every hour for perpetuity. Yet I stay. Afixed on the shore. Ready to be destroyed. Things we do for love. Sometimes, I want to leave. I do. Run away from you as far as I can get with whats left of this frail fragile set of skin and bones, but can't. My skin leaves my bones, but refuse to leave your side. You are entwined in my veins. Present in every fragment of my bones. Where do I run away from myself? I guess, this is what love is after all. You build a pyre and I get ready to burn in it.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Poetic, but reminds me of yearning , quite nothing like unrequited love , although this instance seems quite the opposite.

Jai said...

Sold on the last line.