Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

To unhide

I write to unhide. To strip naked. To let you in and display my imperfections in its grandiose entirety. Do you see these demons? This scar here, that wound there? Do you see all the unsent love letters because I was scared of letting my guard down, of being left broken when it ended? All the times I said I was fine and we both knew I was for fucks sake not fine, but oh well. I unhide from all the defense mechanisms, from all the jokes meant to fill the silences, to distract from the reality. I strip naked in front of you, without a blink of an eye, unapologetic, unashamed. I will not hide the wounds that I'm nurturing like a pet refusing to let 'em heal. Romanticisng pain and drawing a false strength from this stupidity. See. Behold. I'm as human as you are, made of mistakes and flaws and bodily imperfections and I finally think, this is exactly what makes me and you, beautiful, dont you think? I refuse to hide anymore behind modulated tones, intelligent gestures, grandiloquent sentences, smart ass comments, pretense, feigning strength and laboured small talks. I dont have the heart or energy to pull it off any second more. Take me as I am, if you will for I refuse to hide.

3 comments:

Jai said...

Sometimes I forget how good you are at this, you should write more often.

Michael said...

As the song goes, if you can't take me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best! Or perhaps, not even best or worst, just normal I am who I am, just accept me for that yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Michael said...

Even if you were to not elucidate your reasons, for those who appreciate you, they just accept you for who you are regardless. Like me, for ex. ☺️ been following your writings for years.