Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Birthday !


He turned 50 today,  I haven’t seen him grow though, he was always like this, always the same. Although,he has become more quiet. Back in my childhood days, he used to run and laugh and dance and play,I wonder why he lost it.Probably because hes growing old. Sometime back I had an ill-health and whatever I ate made my stomach, ache. He, after detailed analysis and interpretation, got to know what should I eat in what proportions to avoid that pain. He  always device new techniques and rules that magically fit in and work. I never understand. Never  understood. He does not tell me what he did for me, he does not tell me he’s in pain and wants help, he does not tell me to shut up when I get on his nerves, he does not tell me to get lost when I shout irrationally resorting to my post-teenage tantrums. His life is boring but he’s at peace with himself. I, on the other hand, have everything that a human my age, has but I keep cribbing about things #DelhiMetro #travelling #internship #classes every li’l thing. He never complains. Come what may, I’ve never seen him complaining. His silence tells me I am wrong and need to change. Some weeks back, I was in college and I had forgotten to fill some online form as usual, without a thought I called him up, I didn’t ask him if he was busy or preoccupied with something else. I told him to fill it at that very moment at any cost ,it was the last date and hung up. In the next  7 minutes he called me up to tell me it’s done and that he has a very important lecture to deliver and is already late. He hung up. That reminded me, he had been preparing that lecture for a week now and is very important. Why couldn’t he shut me up? When some meal oddly goes short at home, he tells us he doesn’t want to eat it. He’s like a kid. He’s happy when everybody around is happy.If there was any god, I wouldn’t have respected him as much as I respect this man. He has taught me many many lessons of selflessness and unconditional love. Just when I thought these words are fiction, I saw him redefining them for me.I promise to beat you in chess in another 2 years time :D
Happy Birthday, dad J

4 comments:

Michael said...

:) Fathers and daughters, there aint NO relation that can equal that, this is not just based on hearsay, I'v seen this with my own dad n sis n also with my married mates who got daughters, hah, the bastards whose idea of a fun tym was drinkin, brawling, cricket n loose women now demand to go early on lads' nights out cuz their baby girls gotta sleep with em or they gotta recite stories to their daughters etc lol guess it never changes :)

nikita said...

Sweet :)

Heidi said...

good one..

Nivitha said...

lucky you :)