Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

My journey back to life !

Why do people marry.. and worse, why do they invite people over ? Damn, today was a very tragic day, a certain cousin is getting engagged today, good thing , but why am i supposed to attend that ? Attending wouldn't be an issue, if my mum wouldn't be after my life to visit a certain parlour (beauty salon), obviously i revolted back, I mean hell .. why am I supposed to look good, it's her wedding after all? But then mum got angry, and you know angry mum is immune to my flawless logics :| So I had to go there, as I enter, i see some oldie, she must be 70 or prolly above , bent with age, and wanted to get something done outta her, I couldn't guess until the beautician actually addressed her, from the looks of it, she wanted her make-over done (really) , I had to switch my focus, another lady was getting her facial done, and many more things to it, which I'm incompetent to state, and guess what she was pretending as if the entire process is spiritual, and shes sitting on some himalayan peak, getting enlightened. Funny t'was. And then came my turn, my mum told the lady to do something to my face, futile attempts to make it look good ( I always pity ignorant people) anyway, she began the process, it was called 'cleansing' .. she started with a gel sort of a thing, which I was sure would make no difference to anyone whatsoever, and then she applied a certain 'face pack' you know what they do ? they'd paralyse your face, let it enter the dis-abled mode, and they make the customer believe that this process is relaxing ( they hypnotize probably :D ) and whoa , it was done, took a century to complete, and as i guessed didn't make any difference :) but the people there made mum believe that my face was bloody glowing, I'm still searching the angle. woof ! and i got outta there, as this ends another story begins. I'm supposed to wear salwar kameez for the function today. Shit happens !

- would soon update whatever happened after the salwar kameez episode.


3 comments:

Parul said...

Hey... eager to know what happened after that... just wondering though - doesn't it feel good to look good and be complimented? Maybe a beauty saloon just boosts your confidence psychologically rather than really doing something. That's also probably what the 70ish lady was after. My conclusion after observing the western culture - you need a beauty saloon far more at 70 than at 20 - i know in India it is thought to be the other way round.

PS: Sorry if this comment deviates from what your post was really about - i just penned down what came to my mind. :)

Blah Blah said...

wow..harsh..nonetheless everybody is entitled to their own opinion.I think you were too pissed off due to your own situation..so I guess the opinion is not neutral.according to me..different things make different people happy..some watch TV..some listen to songs..some sing songs..some build the Taj Mahal..and some go to the beauty parlor..also just saw 'fight club' so..for humans to survive all they need is fresh air and nourishment everything else is optional and stays on due to marketing..'humans' have been reduced to 'consumers'

nikita said...

Okay taken this wasn't a neutral take :| both the above theories justified and it definitely feels good to be complimented :)