Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Chikitsa ka chakkar

No, I ain't frustrated. I just cannot breath normally and I simply want to slay anyone I see next. But certainly, I ain't frustrated.I'm just cribbing randomly, you know. To begin with, I have a patient at home, and the people who come to visit the sick, make me sick ! Some 20 odd people visited my place today. Each with their own expert uncalled for, advice. T'was fun though, the diversity in people, people who'd their children below 5 years of age.. passed their time talking about the kid -making the kid sing songs, poems, making him repeat annoying sentences over and over, forcing 'em to wish people..and things, people above 60 years of age, mentioned the role of god in the 'surgery' and preached un-scientific ways of taking precautions.And people who were above 30 and had no children for entertainment talked about weather, global warming, India TV (the Ekta kapoor type ka news channel).. females on the other end feigned concern(wish they'd have done it a less obvious way) exchanged recipes, talked about their neighbour's second cousin's mother-in-law and how she died of the disease.This reminds me of Bedhab Benarasi's 'chikitsa ka chakkar', a vyangya katha I happened to read in my 10th grade.People are funny. Try observing.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Heh, I read that one too I believe, pretty good :)

Surprised no one commented on the perfidy of docs and why not getting ops done is the best option etc

Blah Blah said...

nice tribute to the chapter..I hope though that the people who are visiting don't read it

Michael said...

The story used to be in 8th grade CBSE Hindi too if I recall correctly :)

Personal sufferer of years of drinking bitter gourd and bottle gourd juice as a kid though, some mystic's advise :(

Ended up in a hospital cuz of a sure-fire cure for increasing eyesight too :D

Slightly better sense prevails now of course, still get advise of the sort you mentioned, but at least they dun temme anymore to go for morning walks to increase my height, so there .....

nikita said...

@ sameera : They wouldn't.
@ Michael : Morning walks for height ? Lol,people are funny.