Once upon a time, civilization fucked mankind, just a victim.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

My technically challenged self !

Just for records, I’m a technology student, bachelors in technology that is. It’s funny when people tell you to choose your domain, which eventually becomes our destiny, at an age when we’re still struggling to fetch marks ignorant of everything else around us and later we realize those were one of the most important decisions of our lives and that we can do nothing about it. In those significant years of my life all I knew was, I loved sciences, they had boundaries, this is physics and this is not, this is biology and this is chemistry, they told us to stay within the boundaries I never understood why. I opted for science. Again they wanted us to take biology and enter medicine, obviously that wasn’t the case with me or the second option was non-medical..(for me) engineering ( or rather it looked like) like others I opted for pursuing engineering , and after an year in college, I realized what pure and applied sciences were, and that they were separate domains altogether ! worse I was pursuing engineering, the application of what we’ve been studying all our lives and I sucked at it . The fact that I was technically challenged and was a student of technology came as a huge shock. I mean hell , theres my sister some odd 5 freaking years younger to me, can repair radios, dvd players, television, and every other electronic shit under the sun and I, can receive and send texts, use the channel and volume keys on the remote control of the T.V. and can use the email option on the internet. Shit! Didn’t I have extra 5 years to learn/know more than she does? I wouldn’t regret my decision ever. But I may probably become a bad engineer L I may not be able to resolve issues I’m supposed to, but I’m not giving up at any cost. I know someday, somewhere I’ll make a difference, a contribution, don’t know how, don’t know when.

Thought of sharing this engineering preamble, I found somewhere on the internet :

We the unwilling,led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.We have done so much for so long, with so little, we will one day qualify to do anything with knowing nothing.Be proud to be Engineers !!

:D

No comments: